Wednesday 10 September 2014

Recreating a cover

During this project I will have to create a digi-pack for my actor/artist. Before doing this I have tried to recreate an album cover by Kula Shaker on Adobe Photoshop Elements. This was a useful task as it has given me more practise with the software and the tolls needed to create an album cover.


  1. In order to recreate the album cover, I firstly had to change the saturation of the background image, (the trees) giving them a blue tint. 
  2. I then had to open the picture of the escalator and use the magnetic lasso tool to remove the part of the escalator I wanted from the rest of the photo.
  3.  I then placed the needed part of the escalator into the image with trees.
  4. After, I opened the picture of the scuba diver and used the magnetic lasso tool to remove the diver from the background.
  5. Next, I placed the diver into the picture with the trees and the escalator.
  6. I then used the dodge tool to lighten the middle of the image so the trees were barley visible.
  7. Lastly, I placed the scuba diver in the right place and added the band name along with the album name.

 Next I used the erase tool so I would be able to remove the sides of the escalator so it would match the original.

Below is the original cover as well as my own imitation of it.

This is the original album cover for Kula Shaker's album Peanuts, Pics & Astronauts
This is my attempt of recreating the album cover

1 comment: